‘Large scale strike’ carried out against Venezuela; Maduro captured
The U.S. carried out a “large scale strike against Venezuela” in the overnight hours Saturday, capturing Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, along with his wife, according to a social media post from President Donald Trump.
The president said Maduro and his wife have been flown out of the country, but didn’t indicate where they have been taken. He added that the operation was “done in conjunction with U.S. Law Enforcement.”
Secretary of State Marco Rubio has said in the past that “Maduro is NOT the President of Venezuela and his regime is NOT the legitimate government.”
In a social media post on X from July, Rubio called Maduro the head of the “Cartel de Los Soles, a narco-terror organization” that took “possession of the country. And he is under indictment for pushing drugs into the United States.”
Trump said a news conference will be held later Saturday morning.
This is a developing story.
Event Calendar
Latest News Stories
Board Approves Redesigned Educator Evaluation System Moving to March Timeline
Summit Ridge Agrees to $25,000 Donation; Pattern Energy Updates Board
Litchfield Board Reviews SCI Center Growth, Weighs Future Funding Model
Board Authorizes New Patrol Vehicles and Sheriff’s Office Equipment
IL lawmaker intros bill to regulate third-party lawsuit investing
Illinois senator offers 401(k)-style option to escape $145 billion pension crisis
Pasadena, Altadena continue recovery after 2025 Eaton Fire
Minneapolis seeks federal aid as Operation Metro Surge ends
Ongoing smuggling operations continue at U.S.-Canada border
Groups call on Canada to safeguard national security, combat expansive crime
County Donates $30,000 for Urgent Electrical Repairs at Fairgrounds
Everyday Economics: The jobs report mirage: Hiring looks fine until revisions hit
This family business paid $200,000 in tariffs last year, but won’t cut corners
27 members of TdA, anti-Tren members charged in New York